This morning I was trying to set up autoresponders for my new email system and, after struggling for a while and feeling extremely stupid and inept, I decided to go sit on my deck and have breakfast. I had also spent hours last night setting up a new blog and the opt-in for that. It just felt like it was all too much for my little aging brain.
So, as I usually do on a beautiful Sunday morning, I took my breakfast and coffee and my journal to the deck. I had breakfast and started to journal. Or perhaps I should say I started to whine. Even as I was writing I realized how ridiculous I was being but sometimes I think a good extreme wallow is good for us because then we realize how ridiculous and untrue it all is. But I got in a lot of ‘poor me’s’ before I came to my senses:
“I can’t do this stupid webstuff anymore. When I’m rich I’m going to hire someone to do all my web work because i”m too old and I can’t learn new stuff like this anymore. I’m a high school dropout for heaven’s sake! I can’t be expected to continually learn new stuff – it’s too hard. I’m too old. I’m tired of trying to do this stuff. I just want to have a nap and eat candy. I should just concentrate on cleaning up the house and doing dishes and leave the brain work to those better equipped. Why do I have to do this stuff anyway? No one is making me. It’s just a waste of time. I’m wasting this beautiful weekend. Wah wah wah…”
You get the drift. I am absolutely aware that I have failed the Seven Day Mental Diet for today and that I must start over.
So then when I finished my wallow and my breakfast, I remembered that I needed to
write a new blog for today and I had a great idea! Coincidence that this month’s theme is on great ideas? I think not! See there was a purpose to my whining after all. I remembered www.fiverr.com.
Now if I really didn’t want to do this autoresponder stuff myself (and I’m thinking I don’t), I could just go to Fiverr and get someone to do it for just $5.00. Yes, you read right.
FIVE BUCKS. Fiverr is a site where people post what they will do for you for five dollars. It appears that Fiverr takes $1 of that $5 as a commission so the people doing the work are actually making $4.00. Why? I have no idea. Seems too cheap to me. But apparently most of them do great work according to the reviews.
And there’s some really weird and unusual things you can get done for that $5 too. Here’s just a few:
- I will write anything on my feet in high heels for $5
- I will take 3 photos and a video underwater holding a sign for you for $5
- I will crochet you a chick with a top hat for $5
- I will teach you Afrikaans via skype for 30 minutes for $5
- I will connect you with your spirit guide for $5
- I will write and record a funny song about your story for $5
- I will teach you how to toilet train your cat for $5
Those sound like fun but they also have some really valuable services on Fiverr, like
- I will narrate your short story or book for an MP3 audio production for $5
- I will make this modern HD 1080p stunning video promoting your product, website, services or whatever… for $5
- I will design a TRADEMARK logo for your website or business for $5
- I will give you a complete seo analysis of your site for $5
- I will design and create ebook cover 24 Hours delivery for $5
I see an end to my brain overload and whining in sight.